By registering for the 2015 US Open Streak Challenge you agree to its Terms and Conditions.
UNITED STATES TENNIS ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED
2015 US OPEN STREAK CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY ESURANCE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The 2015 US Open Streak Challenge presented by Esurance (the “Game”) sponsored by United States Tennis Association Incorporated (“USTA” or “Sponsor”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Officers, directors and employees of USTA, Esurance Insurance Services, Inc. (“Esurance”), PrePlay Inc., their respective affiliates, sections, districts, agents, advertising and promotion agencies or any other agencies or entities involved with this Game, including the Administrator (as defined below), and members of their respective families (parents, siblings, children, and spouse and their respective spouses) and/or those residing in the same household (whether related or not) of each of the above are not eligible to enter or win. By participating in this Game, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. USTA reserves the right to disqualify from this Game any person it believes has violated these Rules.
A PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY INTO THE GAME WILL BE DEEMED TO BE A REPRESENTATION THAT PARTICIPANS: (i) IS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER; AND (ii) IF A MINOR IN HIS OR HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, IS ENTERING THIS GAME WITH THE PERMISSION OF A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN WHO AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES. IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AGREEING TO THESE RULES FOR THE BENEFIT OF A MINOR, YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OR HER ENTRY IN THE GAME, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LEGAL LIABILITY THAT HE OR SHE MAY INCUR.
2. GAME PERIOD: The Game begins on August 31, 2015 and ends on at the conclusion of the 2015 US Open Tennis Championships (currently schedule to conclude September 13, 2015, but such end date is subject to change due to weather cancellations affecting US Open play) (the “Game Period”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3. Register to Play the Game: To register for the Game via the US Open Application (the “Application”), install the Application using a compatible device as directed. Click here [insert hyperlink] for a list of supported compatible devices. Once installed, follow the instructions to launch the Application and register for the Game. You may register using either an email account or Facebook Connect. Please note: Standard data usage and other carrier fees may apply-check with your carrier for pricing details. Wireless service is not available in all areas. The Game will also be available via the Official US Open Website at www.usopen.org. Limit one (1) Game registration per email address/ Facebook account.
Throughout the Game Period, Sponsor may release important updates to the Application for which you will receive notification via in-app messaging or otherwise. Be sure to install these updates to ensure you are able to make selections via the Application. If you do not install updates to the Application when they are available, you may not be able to make your selections.
Incomplete registrations will be disqualified. Registrations will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or by the email address associated with the participant’s Facebook account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (such as a business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The authorized account holder may be required to provide proof of identity. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Participants in the Game may be given the option to receive commercial e-mails from USTA and/or other commercial sponsors; however, eligibility to participate in the Game is not dependent upon participant’s consent to receive such e-mails.
4. Playing the Game: During the Game Period, participants will have the opportunity to answer two (2) questions each day of the 2015 US Open. If and when a participant makes one (1) correct guess, he or she will be automatically entered into the Secondary Prize drawing. Limit two entries into the Secondary Prize drawing per participant per day.
5. Entry into Grand Prize Drawing: The participant with the longest streak (highest number of correct answers in a row) will win the Grand Prize. In the event of a tie, one participant will be randomly selected to win the Grand Prize.
6. DRAWING: The Secondary Prize Winners will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing for all Prizes will take place on or about October 16, 2015 by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes and not subject to appeal. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected first, followed by the Secondary Prize Winners, In the event a Prize winner is a Minor, the Prize will be awarded in the name of their parent or legal guardian. Winner (and a winner’s parent/legal guardian, if a winner is a Minor) will be notified by email approximately three (3) days after being selected. In all cases, Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of identity, residency, age and parenthood or guardianship, and a winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, finds that the proof is unsatisfactory. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release, within seven (7) days of the date of issuance or prize will be forfeited. If a selected Prize winner cannot be reached within five (5) days following the initial notification attempt, is found to be not in compliance with these Official Rules, fails to timely return the requisite documents in a timely manner, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to the another eligible participant selected at random, subject to confirmation in accordance with these Official Rules.
One (1) Grand Prize:The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to the 2016 US Open Tennis Championships in New York, NY. Trip consists of round-trip coach class air transportation for two (2) from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) to New York, two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy) in a New York City area hotel, two (2) tickets to Opening Night at the 2016 US Open Tennis Championships. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of trip: $3,500 (actual value will depend on point of departure and any airfare fluctuations).
A Grand Prize Winner who is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence must be accompanied on the Grand Prize trip by a parent or legal guardian, who must attend the Session at his or her own expense, unless such parent or legal guardian is the Grand Prize Winner’s chosen guest.If the Grand Prize Winner is at least twenty-one (21) years old, the Grand Prize Winner may attend the Event with a guest who is under the age of majority if: (a) the parent or legal guardian of the guest has executed an Authorization Form, giving consent, a Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, on the guest’s behalf; and (b) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, has granted its approval. In all cases, the Grand Prize Winner’s guest, or the parent/legal guardian of any guest who is a minor in his or her state of residence, will be required to sign a Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law). USTA reserves the right to request proof of age and a Grand Prize Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Grand Prize if USTA, in its sole discretion, finds that the proof is unsatisfactory.
Air transportation between winner’s home and New York provided only if Grand Prize Winner resides at least 100 miles from New York, NY. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. Once booked, no change, extension, or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except by USTA at its discretion.
Travel arrangements must be made through USTA’s agent, on a carrier of USTA’s choice (except as provided for above). Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary on dates determined by USTA. Certain travel restrictions may apply. In the event the Session or US Open is postponed or cancelled for any reason, no compensation or substitution will be provided for that portion of the Grand Prize; however, the remainder of the prize package will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified by issuer. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. At Grand Prize Winner’s option, Winner may forfeit any portion of the Grand Prize, without additional compensation, and USTA shall have no liability or obligation to the Grand Prize Winner with respect to the forfeited Grand Prize elements. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded including, without limitation, any and all taxes, meals, gratuities, ground transportation, luggage fees and souvenirs.
Secondary Prize: Three(3) Secondary Prize Winners will receive a $250 AMEX Gift Card. ARV of Secondary Prize: $250.00 per card.
Total ARV of all prizes: $4,250.00.
The Grand Prize Winner will be issued a Form 1099, for income verification and tax purposes, for the retail value of the prize won. Winners are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of the prize winnings.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of a prize.
Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible if US Open is rained out or postponed, or cancelled after ticketing of prize for any reason, in whole or in part. In that event, the terms and conditions of the US Open tickets apply, and winners will receive remainder of the prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of US Open ticket portion of prize. Ticket prize may not be used for advertising, promotions (including contests or sweepstakes) or other trade purposes without the prior express written consent of the USTA. SPONSOR reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes and fees.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED AND AWARDED BY SPONSOR WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. GENERAL: By participating in this Game, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) and, by accepting a prize, each Prize Winner (i) agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions stated in these Official Rules, (ii) agrees to be bound by the decisions of USTA and judges, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Game, and (iii) agrees USTA, Esurance, PrePlay Inc., Facebook and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) or participation in this Game. Entry and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for USTA and its designees to use entrants’ and Prize Winners’ respective name, likeness, performance, hometown and state for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media at the discretion of USTA without additional authorization, notice or compensation unless prohibited by law. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), cable, satellite, website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Game, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Game, the processing of entries or in any Game-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Game. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Game or downloading materials from or use of any website. If for any reason the Game (or any portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by bugs, virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Game, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void all associated entries and/or to terminate, modify or suspend the Game as necessary, and, if terminated, to award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNERS LIST: For a list of the prize winners, available after December 15, 2015, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2015 US Open Streak Challenge Winners List Request, USTA, 70 West Red Oak Lane, White Plains, NY 10604. Requests must be received by January 15, 2016.
11. MISCELLANEOUS: Participants agree that this Game is governed solely by the laws of the United States and any claims arising out of this Sweepstakes may be brought only in a federal or state court located in the counties of New York or Westchester, New York. If any provisions of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
12. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: This promotion is sponsored by United States Tennis Association Incorporated, 70 West Red Oak Lane, White Plains, NY 10604. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.